By John Lau, Cheng Lee, C. Premachandran, Yu Aibin
A finished consultant to 3D MEMS packaging equipment and strategies Written via specialists within the box, complicated MEMS Packaging serves as a helpful reference for these confronted with the demanding situations created through the ever-increasing curiosity in MEMS units and packaging. This authoritative consultant offers state-of-the-art MEMS (microelectromechanical platforms) packaging recommendations, reminiscent of low-temperature C2W and W2W bonding and 3D packaging. This definitive source is helping you choose trustworthy, artistic, high-performance, strong, and cost-efficient packaging thoughts for MEMS units. The publication also will reduction in stimulating extra examine and improvement in electric, optical, mechanical, and thermal designs in addition to fabrics, methods, production, checking out, and reliability. one of the themes explored: complicated IC and MEMS packaging traits MEMS units, advertisement purposes, and markets greater than 360 MEMS packaging patents and 10 3D MEMS packaging designs TSV for 3D MEMS packaging MEMS wafer thinning, dicing, and dealing with Low-temperature C2C, C2W, and W2W bonding Reliability of RoHS-compliant MEMS packaging Micromachining and water bonding strategies Actuation mechanisms and built-in micromachining Bubble change, optical change, and VOA MEMS packaging Bolometer and accelerameter MEMS packaging Bio-MEMS and biosensor MEMS packaging RF MEMS switches, tunable circuits, and packaging
Read or Download Advanced MEMS Packaging (Electronic Engineering) PDF
Best nanostructures books
Whereas MEMS know-how has stepped forward quickly, commercialization of MEMS has been hindered through packaging know-how boundaries and prices. one of many key matters within the industrialization of MEMS, MOEM and finally Nanoelectrical units is the improvement of applicable packaging recommendations for the security, meeting, and long-term trustworthy operation.
This publication is a suite of difficulties for complex scholars within the zone of energy of fabrics. It attracts the reader? s recognition additionally to difficulties which are usually ignored and solutions questions which are a ways past a coaching path and require extra basic figuring out. All difficulties are supplied with certain recommendations to let the reader to both find out about the problem-solving technique or simply to ascertain his/her personal means of answer.
The combo of supramolecular chemistry, inorganic solids, and nanotechnology has already ended in major advances in lots of parts comparable to sensing, managed movement, and supply. by means of making attainable an unparalleled tunability of the homes of nanomaterials, those options open up complete new components of software for destiny supramolecular suggestions.
Rigidity, Compression, and Shear --
Introduction to Mechanics of fabrics --
Normal rigidity and pressure --
Mechanical houses of fabrics --
Elasticity, Plasticity, and Creep --
Linear Elasticity, Hooke's legislation, and Poisson's Ratio --
Shear tension and pressure --
Allowable Stresses and Allowable a lot --
Design for Axial a lot and Direct Shear --
Axially Loaded participants --
Changes in Lengths of Axially Loaded individuals --
Changes in Lengths of Nonuniform Bars --
Statically Indeterminate buildings --
Thermal results, Misfits, and Prestrains --
Stresses on vulnerable Sections --
Strain power --
Impact Loading --
Repeated Loading and Fatigue --
Stress Concentrations --
Nonlinear habit --
Elastoplastic research --
Torsional Deformations of a round Bar --
Circular Bars of Linearly Elastic fabrics --
Nonuniform Torsion --
Stresses and lines in natural Shear --
Relationship among Moduli of Elasticity E and G --
Transmission of strength by way of round Shafts --
Statically Indeterminate Torsional individuals --
Strain power in Torsion and natural Shear --
Thin-Walled Tubes --
Stress Concentrations in Torsion --
Shear Forces and Bending Moments --
Types of Beams, lots, and Reactions --
Shear Forces and Bending Moments --
Relationships among quite a bit, Shear Forces, and Bending Moments --
Shear-Force and Bending-Moment Diagrams --
Stresses in Beams (Basic subject matters) --
Pure Bending and Nonuniform Bending --
Curvature of a Beam --
Longitudinal lines in Beams --
Normal Stresses in Beams (Linearly Elastic Materials).
- Applications of Graphene: An Overview
- Commercializing nanomedicine : industrial applications, patents, and ethics
- Transmission Electron Microscopy: Diffraction, Imaging, and Spectrometry
- Molecular Nano Dynamics: Vol. I: Spectroscopic Methods and Nanostructures / Vol. II: Active Surfaces, Single Crystals and Single Biocells, Volume I and II
Extra resources for Advanced MEMS Packaging (Electronic Engineering)
These 30 companies’ global sales totaled approximately $6 billion in 2007, representing approximately 80 percent of the global MEMS market. HP is the largest supplier, mainly supplying inkjet printheads, followed by TI, which mainly provides the digital light processor. For more information about these companies and many others, please see ref. 43. 5 Introduction to MEMS Packaging The MEMS device is not an isolated island. It must communicate with other integrated circuit (IC) chips in a circuit through an input/ output (I/O) system of interconnects.
57. “MEMS microphone packaging structure,” Pan, Zhengmin (CN), CN200994191 (Y)—2007-12-19. 58. “Multiple internal seal ring micro-electro-mechanical system vacuum packaging method,” Hayworth, Ken J. (US), Yee, Karl Y. (US) (+5), US2007298542 (A1)—2007-12-27. 59. “Method for forming a hermetically sealed cavity,” Witvrouw, Ann (BE), Rico, Raquel H. (ES) (+1), US2007298238 (A1)—200712-27. Introduction to MEMS 60. “Stacked die package for MEMS resonator system,” Gupta, Pavan (US), Razda, Eric (US), US2007290364 (A1)—2007-12-20.
15. “Package and packaging assembly of microelectromechanical sysyem microphone,” Huang, Chao-Ta (TW), Chien, Hsin-Tang (TW), US2008283942 (A1)—2008-11-20. 16. “Capacitance type micro-accelerometer,” Liu, Minjie (CN), Liu, Yunfeng (CN) (+2), CN101271125 (A)—2008-09-24. 17. “Silicon piezoresistance type pressure transducer encapsulation structure based on substrates,” Wang, Yuelin (CN), Wu, Yanhong (CN) (+2), CN101271029 (A)—2008-09-24. 18. “MEMS device support structure for sensor packaging,” Ahmad, Nazir (US), US2008277747 (A1)—2008-11-13.
Advanced MEMS Packaging (Electronic Engineering) by John Lau, Cheng Lee, C. Premachandran, Yu Aibin